I love me a knot. Here's my favourite website for learning knots: http://www.animatedknots.com/
- The Scout Association -www.scouts.org.uk
- Programmes Online -www.scouts.org.uk/pol
- Scout Shops Ltd -shop.scouts.org.uk
- National Activity Centres Activity Centres
- Eastbourne District Scout (Fellowship) First Aid Team -www.edsfat.org.uk
- JOTA: Jamboree on the Air -www.scout.org/joti
- JOTI: Jamboree on the Internet -www.scout.org/jota
- JOTT: Jamboree on the Trail -jott.org
- UK Radio Scouting www.radio-scouting.org.uk
- SSAGO: Student Scout and Guide Organisation -www.ssago.org.uk
The NCVO is a great organisation for helping volunteer groups. They have an enormous list of funding sources and other resources to help non-profit groups!
Below are links to sites that will provide funding for Scout Groups and activities. Each one has different criteria for allocating money. If you know of any other organisation that will give grants please email
- Worcestershire Partnership Funding Desk - website listing 1000's of funding sources.
- Awards for All
- Sainsbury's active Kids
- Various Scout Headquarters Funds
- Gift Aid information - get an extra 25p for every £1 collected by your Group.
Money Raising Schemes
Links to sites offering fundraising schemes for Scout Groups
- Yellow Moon - mail order arts and crafts supplies
- Webb Ivory - mail order fundraising catalogue
- Cash for Cans - aluminium recycling
- Easyfundraising - online affiliate website raising funds for your Group
Grant funding via Landfill Tax Credit Schemes
The landfill tax credit scheme was introduced with the
landfill tax in October 1996 and enables landfill site operators to donate up to
6.0 per cent of their landfill tax liability to environmental projects in return
for a 90 per cent tax credit.
Operators in the Worcester Area